First Aid Responder
This is a comprehensive 3-day Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) accredited course which covers all the essential aspects of first aid for the workplace or emergency situation occurring in everyday life.
As of the 1st of September 2017, the Health & Safety Authority will only recognise First Aid Response for newly qualified first aiders in the workplace. All first aiders who previously held Occupational First Aid Certification up to the 31st of August 2017 will refresh to First Aid Response when their certificate is due to expire or during the period of their certification.
- Patient Assessment
- Cardiac First Response - Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management and Shock
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns and Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- The Well-Being of the First Aid Responder
- Video (CFR-C) based course ensures consistency
- PowerPoint presentations
- Group activities
- Instructor led, hands on practice reinforces skills proficiency
- In the classroom, students participate in simulated scenarios. Students work with an Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council Instructor to complete skills practice.